Sunday, June 29, 2008
On this day:
 

It's with a Lot of Sadness That I Am Posting This...

As of this Friday past our other sites LifeTime Gamer Arcade, LifeTime Gamer.com, LifeTime Gamer Video, ExchangeBanners.org & Bass Fishing Resource Center are no longer online...

There are a few reasons for this, like some technical issues but mostly it is because the rising costs of doing business online a long with the rising personal costs of me trying to stay a live and pay bills...

About a year after I started this Blog a friend gave me exchangebanners.org which started my life as a Webmaster while I was still looking for a real full time job... I dived into the challenge and used every spare minute to grow that site a long with this one and to this date exchangebanners.org had grown from around 400+ members to over 930+ in the short time I had it... I have to pat myself on the back for the growth tho the site never really made any money but it also was not costing me very much, maybe around $10 per month...

After a move to a new state and a time to start over and look for real work, I started LifeTime Gamer Arcade cause I thought it would be fun to play around with and maybe make a few dollars while doing it... Well as you can see that didn't work out either but it was a great ride, tho it was the site that caused the increases in server costs and part of the events that just happened... I did have fun messing with the templates and such so I can say I did learn the most from this site... I am impressed that in it's short span online it did get more than half a million visitors and nearly 500 members...

Since I had the server I started LifeTime Gamer Video which was a free script and I didn't have to host any of the videos so that was cool... This site was a bit of a pain since the Template was totally messed up and I was not about to spend any money to have a new one created, so I just fixed it the best I could and let it run like that...

LifeTime Gamer.com was just a landing page but was going to be in the future the Portal to all the LifeTime Gamer Sites and other gamer related content... Well like the others it is now gone...

Bass Fishing, Bass Fishing Resource Center was a site I bought for around $20 and since I had the server I stuck it on there and just promoted it to see if I could take it as far as I did ExchangeBanners.org and LifeTimeGamerArcade.com...

The other things involved are the problem of getting a decent paying job that can utilize my skills and the fact of the economy, gas prices and the cost of an apartment that is going to go up nearly $400 soon which basically kills any option to keep websites running let a lone have internet access or a phone or basic cable TV...

As for this site since it is free it will be here but I am in a "Numbed Mode" right now at the loss of my other sites since I put every waking moment into them for around 16 months and I'm not sure when I will get back here and at least do some decent posting...

Right now I have to consider keeping a roof over my head and eating plus paying the bills I have besides trying to find a better paying job so I can continue doing that... I hope in the future I can bring the sites back but I would really be starting over again and I am not sure I could get them back to where they just were... I thought about selling them but I spend way to much time and money Branding LifeTime Gamer and I don't want to lose what will be 4-years worth of my time in August of this year... So I will keep all the domain names since the cost of those once every couple of years is not that much...

For those who were members of ExchangeBanners.org, LifeTime Gamer Arcade & LifeTime Gamer Video, I am sorry you were not emailed about this but most members of those sites did not opt-in for email updates concerning the sites...

So now I have a lot of time on my hands to find a better job and consider my loses... It hasn't sunk in yet but I keep looking at the Favicons in Firefox for all my sites and I am sad...






More Later...

Comments:
It is indeed a sad day, my friend.
The sites will be missed, but as life has it's ups and downs, I am sure that there will be better days ahead, and we will be looking forward to seeing them active again some day in the future.
Best wishes to you as you seek to improve your personal situation.
 
Thanks Ronald... I appreciate your visit here...
 
Hang in there buddy.
 
Thanks Darren, I hope all is well your way.
 
Keith,

Couldn't you lease these site out till the time you are better off financially? Maybe in family, giving them the ability to try their hand at webmastering. You keep everything in your name plus full admin rights and just giving limited administrative access to the Lessor. Instead of having to start all over one day.

Hoping for all the best,

Hit Man
 
I wish I could Rock Hard Son, but I have no family that would be interested in spending that kind of money for something they know nothing about...

I'm just going to keep the domain names for a while and if things get better I will start up LifeTime Gamer Arcade & LifeTime Gamer.com again... The banner exchange I really no longer care about since it made no money...
 
My name is Pietro Joaquin and I'm the webmaster of http://pinhole-glasses-direct.com/

I wanted to know if by any chance you would be interested in doing an unbiased review of one of our products.

If you agree, we will send you a product sample so that you can try it and then write a review about it. Please note you won't have to return the product sample after publishing the review.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you

Pietro Joaquin
pietrojoaquin@gmail.com
 
Are you going to let exchangebanners.org expire? This is a PR5 site correct? I am not sure if you want to keep your sites or not but I may be able to help you with this. I own 56 domains and operate 10 of them. It may be possible that I can add your domains to my server. You can contact me at surrencytw at alltel . net replace the at with @ and remove the spaces. Contact me if you are not wanting to let the domains go. Also, If you want to get some $ out of them let me know and we can talk. Thanks, Will
 
NIce Blog Man!Keep Going oke
http://fmchd.blogspot.com/
 
Hi,
we are a startup www.hyperwebenable.com based on silicon valley.
providing next generation blogging service.
we have seen your blog its very interesting we request to write review
about our service in your blog it will be useful to all your readers .
We will be happy to provide more info about our service.
Thanks and regards
raj
hyperwebenable.com



About us:
HyperWebEnable.com is a free website for blog service. We provide free
website and various other services to our users.We enable blogger and
content creators to create their own free website.

Our service is distinct by providing our users a web
domain(yoursitename.com) of their choice instead of sub
domain(yoursitename.blogspot.com). We have a wide variety of services like
virtual computer, desktop sharing and web conferencing which we provide with
support from alliance partners. We do not charge for registration, and
renewal of our user sites, this is a great opportunity to start a website
for bloggers and content creators.

Currently all web enthusiasts, bloggers face the problem of acquiring a
website. They have to pay for site name, space and hosting. We at
www.HyperWebEnable.com understand the time and cost involved with this
activity. We address the problem by providing all these services for
bloggers and content creators.We also help these users through blog/website
building process also. We also enable the users to generate their own
revenue by allowing them to place their own ads in other space available on
the website/blog.

Visit us at www.hyperwebenable.com
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
LifeTime Gamer™ & All Written Content, Copyright Keith L. Dick 2004-2020 LifeTime Gamer Character(s)™, Keith L. Dick & Chad "MrHead!" O'Malley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Archives & Stuff

Gamer Toyz Stuff

GameFly

Online Games & Stuff


Arcade Gangsta
Arcade Thugz
Internet Games
Free Flash Games
Play Free Games
OnlineFlash Games
Free Flash Games
Free Games Site
Free Sonic Games
Cool Games
Car Racing Games
Poker Area

Your Arcade Stuff

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
EMDKay Marquees
Arcade@Home
MAMEmarquees

Gamers Site Stuff


Glinkster
Game-Addicts
Beyond Unreal
Patches & Scrolls
Game World
GamersPub
XAINTZ
Download Games

Yep, Friends Stuff


Rizzo Music
LCplMurphy
DucoNihilum
Online Madness
Free Web Traffic
World Blog Collection

Da Computer Stuff

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Digital Journal
Best Techie
Slashdot
OS News
Toms Hardware
Hard OCP
macOSXhints
Mac|Life

Mo'Computer Stuff

Alienware - Cutting Edge Technology Creative Labs
Crucial Memory
PC Recovery
ISO Buster
ACDSee

Geek People Stuff


Split Reason
Geek Of The Day

Funny News Stuff


The Onion
Dave's Daily

Cool Science Stuff

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
SETI@Home
Space.com
Bad Astronomy
Slice of SciFi

Our Feeds
Atom Feed
Feed Burner