Saturday, December 03, 2005
On this day:
 

Firefox 1.5??... Well It Truly ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh... Okay I lied about waiting for a week or more... The Reviews were too good and after checking the support forums I was convinced I should wait no longer (I was correct)...

I downloaded it and proceeded to install... It's easy as with any Mozilla application... Well one thing I did do before hand and Everyone should is *Export Your Bookmarks* if you are using any versions of Firefox to the location Firefox first brings up and then to a second location just to have a spare copy... I have a Second Hard Drive so the second copy went there...

My only problem with 1.5 after I launched it... There was an Inch and nealry a half bar at the bottom of the Actual Window (Border/Frame) of the application with a little Red " ^ " near the left side... Hmmmmm, I said this can't be right...

Sooooooooooo, now what???... Well of course I hit the Support Forums, nope nothing there similar...What to do, what to do???...

So I decide to unistall it and try again... Nope same thing, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Okay, let's try this... I decided to totally Wipe Firefox from my system and start fresh...

So I searched for *Everything Mozilla & Firefox* and deleted it, shut the computer down then started again... YES YES Success!!!... All I had to do is import my Bookmarks and I was back in business..

What was my problem???... Well awhile back I did another install of Windows in a *NEW Folder* because I had quite a few problems with the original install and I didn't want to Reformat or try a Restore or Repair Install because I had to many apps that I didn't want to totally reinstall also... There were *TWO* Application/Data Folders with Mozilla/Firefox Folders in them and 1.5 must have been reading either from both or the wrong one...

Note: I am NOT a Firefox Expert so I can not say that was the actual cause...

My Impressions so far are, I love the *Instant Back/Forward Navigation*, it is a bit faster than 1.0.7 but I'm on a slow computer so I prolly won't see much of a difference until I get something more up to date... Not enough time with Firefox yet to see the rest of what's new but I am very impressed so far...

One thing I think is missing:

1. When Uninstalling, Firefox should ask the user whether they want a *Backup Copy of their Bookmarks/Profile* to be placed on the Hard Disk for a Future Install or whether to *Totally Remove Firefox* from their System... (Good for troubles with a bad install or installer)...

Soooooooooooo, if ya don't have Firefox 1.5 <--go get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... From my Travels on the Net... Academic Gamers <--Clicky Link Enjoy

LifeTime Gamer™ & All Written Content, Copyright Keith L. Dick 2004-2020 LifeTime Gamer Character(s)™, Keith L. Dick & Chad "MrHead!" O'Malley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Archives & Stuff

Gamer Toyz Stuff

GameFly

Online Games & Stuff

Arcade Maniacs
Arcade Gangsta
Arcade Thugz
Internet Games
Free Flash Games
Play Free Games
OnlineFlash Games
Free Flash Games
Free Games Site
Free Sonic Games
Cool Games
Car Racing Games
Poker Area

Your Arcade Stuff

Emulation
MameRoom
EMDKay Marquees
Arcade@Home
MAMEmarquees

Gamers Site Stuff

GamerzUnite
Glinkster
Game-Addicts
Beyond Unreal
Patches & Scrolls
Game World
GamersPub
XAINTZ
Download Games

Yep, Friends Stuff

Wil Wheaton
Rizzo Music
LCplMurphy
DucoNihilum
Online Madness
Free Web Traffic
World Blog Collection

Da Computer Stuff

Virtual Music Jukebox
Digital Journal
Best Techie
Slashdot
OS News
Toms Hardware
Hard OCP
macOSXhints
Mac|Life

Mo'Computer Stuff

"Alienware - Cutting Edge Technology" border="0" /> Creative Labs
Crucial Memory
PC Recovery
ISO Buster
ACDSee

Geek People Stuff

GEEK Armory
Split Reason
Geek Of The Day

Funny News Stuff

FARK
The Onion
Dave's Daily

Cool Science Stuff

Edmund Scientifics
SETI@Home
Space.com
Bad Astronomy
Slice of SciFi

Our Feeds
Atom Feed
Feed Burner