Tuesday, November 16, 2004
On this day:
 

Time to Talk Music..

Well I haven't spoken of Bands in quite some time..

I find myself liking a few of the new Rock Bands like: Velvet Revolver.. I think Slash and the gang have a better band now than they did with Guns & Roses.. I never could get into GNR..

Another Band I like is: Nickel Back.. They have some interesting "Themes" to their songs. hahaha

Jet is also another band I like, when I first heard them they kinda reminded me of AeroSmith for some reason.. I guess it's cause it was "RAW" Rock Sounding..

Then there's Rammstein.. This is a very interesting German Band indeed..

Not bad for an "Old School" Musician like me.. Of course I always get offended when the younger generation talks about "Progressive Music", thinking these new bands are indeed "Progressive".. I'd have to say they are "Not" mainly because the guitar tunings most of them use have been around for many many years. Now using those tunings with a Hard Rock Guitar Sound is kind of new but hardly Progressive..

In my day bands like: ELP, YES, Gentle Giant, PFM, Spartacus Triumvirate and in the latter years bands like: KANSAS, SAGA, Starcastle, Marrilion were also considered "Progressive".. Mainly because they took their music in a different direction and on occasion in the case of ELP, experimented with Synths and other sounds to create something that was never heard before..

KANSAS is also a good example.. Most people know them for the song "Dust in the Wind" which was so unlike the bands overall song style.. Kansas used each instrument for a purpose and placed it in the songs exactly where it should be, creating flowing almost orchestral sounding passages within the confines of a 6 man band..

I think the best 4 albums by Kansas are: Song for America, Masque, Leftoverature & Point of Know Return.. Audio Visions was okay and Monolith had it's good points but really seemed "disjointed" to me..

So there ya have it from a Rock & Roll Musician of more years than I care to speak of.. Hahaha..

And for any new and upcoming bands & musicians reading this, there are a few links on the left side of my site that may help you get your music heard, so check 'em out..

And on to some Video Gaming "STUFF".. Well I haven't been keeping up with the latest news these days but I see there are alot of "HalfLife 2" Posts on the G4TechTV PC Gaming site..

Oh yeah, here's a gaming link for ya..

From my Travels on the Net, the Random Game Site of the Day: FiringSquad Enjoy.

C-YA

Keith

P.S. Don't forget to check out the Archives for -The Old Stuff-


LifeTime Gamer™ & All Written Content, Copyright Keith L. Dick 2004-2020 LifeTime Gamer Character(s)™, Keith L. Dick & Chad "MrHead!" O'Malley

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Archives & Stuff

Gamer Toyz Stuff

GameFly

Online Games & Stuff

Arcade Maniacs
Arcade Gangsta
Arcade Thugz
Internet Games
Free Flash Games
Play Free Games
OnlineFlash Games
Free Flash Games
Free Games Site
Free Sonic Games
Cool Games
Car Racing Games
Poker Area

Your Arcade Stuff

Emulation
MameRoom
EMDKay Marquees
Arcade@Home
MAMEmarquees

Gamers Site Stuff

GamerzUnite
Glinkster
Game-Addicts
Beyond Unreal
Patches & Scrolls
Game World
GamersPub
XAINTZ
Download Games

Yep, Friends Stuff

Wil Wheaton
Rizzo Music
LCplMurphy
DucoNihilum
Online Madness
Free Web Traffic
World Blog Collection

Da Computer Stuff

Virtual Music Jukebox
Digital Journal
Best Techie
Slashdot
OS News
Toms Hardware
Hard OCP
macOSXhints
Mac|Life

Mo'Computer Stuff

"Alienware - Cutting Edge Technology" border="0" /> Creative Labs
Crucial Memory
PC Recovery
ISO Buster
ACDSee

Geek People Stuff

GEEK Armory
Split Reason
Geek Of The Day

Funny News Stuff

FARK
The Onion
Dave's Daily

Cool Science Stuff

Edmund Scientifics
SETI@Home
Space.com
Bad Astronomy
Slice of SciFi

Our Feeds
Atom Feed
Feed Burner